Alpha was the first blade made by Jantex – A very symmetric kayak blade with very good catch and exit.
For paddlers who prefer longer strokes close to the boat.
East stable catch, Easy Pull- through stage, Easy exit.
Ultra light – most asked stiffness for Flat Water, Marathon and Down river. Give fantastic weight and ideal stiffness for Professional race use. Used by all top paddlers. Blade JANTEX LOGO in WHITE COLOUR.
Stiff – ONLY for heaviest and strongest Men. Give possibility to use also by loading in any directions. For paddlers who prefer stiff paddles. Blade JANTEX LOGO in YELLOW COLOUR.
Stiff Blades cost an additional $15
Blades held in stock in Australia are Carbon tip.
FG tips are only ordered on request and cost an additional $15
The following chart is based on European recommendations. European paddlers are often bigger in stature and more sprint oriented.
In Australia we recommend the following variances:
- Small to Medium blades for Ocean paddling
- Flexi-Soft or Soft Shafts for paddlers doing long distances- Ocean and marathon paddling
- Soft to Stiff Shafts for sprint paddlers – Soft for sprint training and stiff for sprint racing
Outside diameter 29 mm
Weight 180 grams
Jantex paddles are now standard with Nylon adjustable clamp.
Nylon Clamp System
Lock and unlock is possible on the water without any tools, with lever.
Adjustment availability 10 cm or on special order 5 cm, line marks every 5 mm.
Angle adjustment LEFT/RIGHT hand control,
line marks every 5 °.
OUTSIDE DIAMETER 29 mm, WEIGHT 230 grams.
- Resistant to Salt water
- Special Nylon with fiber glass reinforcement
- Good resistance to chemicals
- Dimensional stability & very low warpage
- High notched impact strength and energy absorption
- Low creepy behaviour at high temperatures
- Lighter (less 10g)
UL CT Blade with Fixed Shaft: $630
UL CT Blade with Adjustable Shaft: $675
Stiff Blades: $25 extra
Metal Tip Blades: $25 extra
Jantex Paddle Cover Split Length $95
Paul Graton (FRA)
Jantex Alpha Medium FG (UL)