Team Carbonology Sport Paddler Hayley Nixon from South Africa has proven to be the force in Womens Ocean Paddling in 2017 with a sensational year on the water.
Paddling a Carbonology Sport Pulse she made the podium at every major race she competed in this year with the pinnacle being a 1st place in the ICF World Canoe Ocean Racing Championships in Hong Kong in November where she mastered the flat conditions to storm to an impressive title.
She finished off the year defending her title on home soil in the 52km Cape Point Challenge …..Better known as the most grueling one day surf ski race of the year….around the Cape of Good Hope- the South Western most point of the African Continent.
Hayley’s results this year were as follows:
- 1st Nelo Summer Challenge- Portugal
- 3rd Gorge Downwind Champs- USA
- 1st ICF World Surfski Championships- Hong Kong
- 2nd Sunset Surfski Series Race 1- Perth, Australia
- 3rd The Doctor- Perth., Australia
- 2nd Sunset Surfski Series Race 2- Perth, Aust
- 1st Westcoast Downwinder- Perth, Australia
- 1st Palm to Pines- Sydney, Australia
- 1st Cape Point Challenge- Sth Africa
- 2nd 2017 World Surfski Series
We congratulate Hayley on this incredible achievement!